Certification Partner Support Program, Sri Lanka
· Department: Region APAC
· Location: Sri Lanka
· Commitment: full-time
· Desired start date and duration: 15 Sept. 2022
· Under direction of: Director South Asia
About the Rainforest Alliance
Rainforest Alliance, a New York-based 501(c)3, and UTZ, an Amsterdam-based foundation, merged in 2018. Together, the new Rainforest Alliance is now a $70 million per year organization with offices in 17 countries (and growing) and over 5000 staff. The merged organization has two main offices—one in Amsterdam and one in New York City.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities.
We work towards making responsible business the new normal through our certification program, tailored supply chain services, landscape and community work and advocacy.
The Rainforest Alliance is seeking a full-time consultant to be hired in Sri Lanka to:
a) improve the customer experience, and
b) deliver value added services for certified members of our 2020 Certification Program.
The function is aimed at providing the first point of call for Certification Partners and fall under the responsibility (directly or indirectly) of the Country Director. There is by default close coordination with international and local functional departments to provide accurate and timely responses to Certification Partners and consistent information sharing and messaging. The consultant is required to provide information, training, and ongoing customer support on the full 2020 Certification Program, including the requirements of the Sustainable Agriculture Standard (Farm and Supply Chain), Assurance Rules, Registration, Traceability, etc. This approach enables Certification Partners to get support in their own language and from the nearest RA team.
The Certification Partner Support staff will be responsible for identifying the specialized training and technical assistance capacity required at the country level and coordinating the prioritization and timing of delivery. S/he is also responsible for close liaising with global departments and topic owners to ensure consistency of monitoring and evaluation tools, content, approaches and providing clear feedback to inform learning for improvement of the certification system.
The local Certification Partner Support staff:
· Is the first point of contact for Certification Partners (farmers and supply chain actors working with or interested in RA’s certification program) in Sri Lanka.
· Answers all first line technical and administrative and systems questions about the certification program.
· Ensures timely escalation of issues to specialized colleagues.
· Identifies needs for training, technical assistance, or other value-added services with inputs from Customer Success, S&A, and relevant Topic Owners.
· Based on this needs assessment, develops and implements a yearly local training plan to support all Certification Partners (for both Farm and Supply Chain Requirements).
· Identifies appropriate training providers with content specialized capacity on key issues detected through the planning process, including set up and ongoing support/maintenance of the Associated Trainers Network (where applicable).
· Ensures that Certification Partners have access to training in all aspects of the 2020 Certification Program on-time (either by the Certification Partner Support staff themselves, ATNs, virtual, through the Rainforest Alliance Learning Network, or otherwise).
· Develops and updates local training materials, in line with global generic training materials developed by RA.
· Safeguards the quality of the Associated Trainers Network through the development, implementation and monitoring of a trainer accreditation system.
· Co-develops consistent training methodologies, co-develops monitoring and data collection systems to assess training reach and effectiveness, and facilitate reporting, learning, and continuous improvement for the 2020 certification program’s training program.
· Supports relevant field pilots.
· Develops and maintains good relationships and liaises with Certification Partners and relevant related stakeholders.
· Supports the identification, development, testing and implementation of other value-added services for Certification Partners including for example on SD/SI, Farm Intelligence App, etc.
· Support the Sri Lanka team on any other relevant RA activity that is required and instructed by the Country Director or South Asia Director.
General terms and conditions for Request for proposal
· Proposals and/or any additional information received after the submission time and date are subject to rejection by The Rainforest Alliance. Incomplete proposals may be rejected by RA at its discretion.
· The Rainforest Alliance reserves the right to request additional information at any time during the procurement process.
· RA is at liberty to make multiple or no selections as part of the proposal process. RA also reserves the right to cancel the procurement.
· All proposal costs shall be borne by the applicant and will not be reimbursed by RA.
The following qualification, demonstrated skills, and knowledge is required:
· Basic degree in agronomy/rural development/sociology/environmental science/forestry;
· Minimum 5 year’s experience in sustainable agriculture certification and tea, cocoa and coffee supply chains or equivalent; additional 3 years experience if candidate coming outside requirement above.
· Prior experience in conducting training programs/ workshops is preferable;
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting software and working knowledge of PowerPoint;
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Ability to form and maintain collaborative networks both internally and externally;
· Strategic mindset, able to identify trends, respond to challenges before they become issues, and provide insights into broader strategies and work plans;
· Able to work independently.
· Fluency verbal and written communication skills in Sinhalese and English are required, Tamil proficiency will be an added qualification.
· Proficiency in productivity software such as Microsoft Office, Cloud based application, web meeting application (Zoom, Teams) and Geographic Information System (ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth).
· Demonstrated commitment to the RA mission and values; and
· Ability to travel a minimum of 50% per year in the region and/or internationally.
Proposal Process and Format
1) Submit your application to this link: https://www.rainforest-alliance.org/rfp/?hh_jid=105340. The deadline to apply is Sept. 10, 2022.
2) Proposals should not exceed 5 pages, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, including budget. All annexes must be separate from the proposal.
3) All expressions of interest should include:
A cover letter.
a) Proposal: An explanation about the applicant with emphasis on the previous experience in related areas; understanding of the ToR and tasks to be accomplished, addressing how the candidate meets the expertise requirements.
b) Profile of the applicant and curriculum vitae.
c) Financial Proposal: The financial proposal should provide cost estimates including daily consultancy fees
d) Contact details (email and phone number), at least 2 recent references and a recent picture of self
Finalist will be notified of their selection for an interview by Sept. 15, 2022. Interviews will be conducted in the week of Sept.19, final selection notified on or before end September, 2022, thereafter to be on-board in the month of Oct. 2022.
Thank you for your interest in working with The Rainforest Alliance