Landscape platform UX developer
Request for Proposals
Landscape platform UX developer
Rainforest Alliance is seeking a consultant to submit proposals to improve LandScale’s UI/UX and create a sustainable and replicable method to apply LandScale’s brand to the platform design.
- Department: Advocacy and Themes
- Location(s): Remote
- Commitment: 40 days
- Desired start date and duration: 1 Nov – 31 Jan 2022
- Under direction of: Product Manager, LandScale
About the Rainforest Alliance
Rainforest Alliance, a New York-based 501(c)3, and UTZ, an Amsterdam-based foundation, merged in 2018. Together, the new Rainforest Alliance is now a $70 million per year organization with offices in 17 countries (and growing) and over 5000 staff. The merged organization has two main offices—one in Amsterdam and one in New York City.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities.
We work towards making responsible business the new normal through our certification program, tailored supply chain services, landscape and community work and advocacy.
LandScale (www.landscale.org) is an innovative global initiative, co-lead by the Rainforest Alliance, Verra and Conservation International, which aims to drive improvements in sustainability at landscape scale. To do this, we have developed a system, comprising an online platform, an assessment framework and detailed guidance, and a validation mechanism, to assess and communicate trusted information about sustainability outcomes at the landscape-level. The LandScale system is available to any organization convening, implementing, or financing work to improve sustainability at landscape scale.
The LandScale platform (www.platform.landscale.org) is a tool for building, reviewing, and sharing assessments of landscape sustainability performance. It provides assessment teams with a workspace to interact with the LandScale assessment framework, access to resources and LandScale support and a public-facing space to share their progress with investors and collaborators.
The platform represents LandScale’s MVP (minimum viable product) and is currently live, hosting 50+ users and 20+ landscapes. LandScale is expanding - in users, assessments, and capabilities - so new features and improvements are constantly being added to the platform.
The objective of this consultancy is to ensure the platform’s codebase has the necessary building blocks to propagate and maintain good UX/ UI throughout the web application and to provide expert advice for the design, development, and implementation of best UX/UI practices in the LandScale platform.
The selected candidate must have experience working on live web applications, they will work closely with LandScale’s development team and will be expected to produce code as well as written recommendations for improvements. The candidate will also work closely with LandScale’s product manager to ensure decisions made align with LandScale’s vision.
- Written proposal of issues and changes required to improve the platform’s UI/UX.
- Template library of interfaces and components to replace and/or standardize existing elements in the front-end codebase.
- Template library of interfaces and components that can be used to create new sections of the platform.
- Complete a sweep of the platform front-end code, replacing items with templated components, ensuring all interfaces match the agreed upon guidelines.
- Create strict, concise, and easy-to-understand guidelines for UX and UI (visual) design that EII can use in the future to create new interfaces, building on the existing design and brand.
General terms and conditions for Request for proposal
- Proposals and/or any additional information received after the submission time and date are subject to rejection by The Rainforest Alliance. Incomplete proposals may be rejected by RA at its discretion.
- The Rainforest Alliance reserves the right to request additional information at any time during the procurement process.
- RA is at liberty to make multiple or no selections as part of the proposal process. RA also reserves the right to cancel the procurement.
- All proposal costs shall be borne by the applicant and will not be reimbursed by RA.
The consultant or organisation should have:
- Knowledge of Bootstrap.
- Familiar with Laravel or other PHP frameworks.
- Familiar with the web visualization of qualitative and numeric data using charting-plotting libraries.
- Experience using Git.
- Demonstrated experience developing reactive, user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing web applications.
- Availability to commit at least 40 days work before the end of January 2023.
- (Preferred) Fluent Spanish speaker.
Proposal Process and Format
Proposals must be submitted to Edita Chavez by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than 15 October 2022.
Proposals should include:
- A covering letter, of no more than 2 pages, which provides a summary of the consultant or organizations relevant experience, expertise, and contacts
- A portfolio of relevant previous work
- A work plan, which includes clear timelines and the person responsible
- CVs for each member of the project team
- A fixed price budget, which details daily rates and expenses
Thank you for your interest in working with The Rainforest Alliance