Gender equality is a goal under the key issue 'Human rights' that the Rainforest Alliance focuses on. Addressing gender inequality and empowering women in agricultural supply chains is an essential part of advancing human rights and sustainable economic development. It’s also an often-overlooked climate solution and an effective way to increase farm productivity. In all Rainforest Alliance’s intervention pillars i.e. certification program, landscapes and communities initiatives, tailored supply chain and advocacy initiatives, gender equality has been a means toward amplifying empowerment.
A specific skillset is required to ensure the organization maximizes its potential and contribution toward equality and inclusion. We are adding to our team of professional, a consultant with vast experiences in gender related initiatives, knowledge of GALS (Gender Action Learning for Sustainability) is preferred.
Scope of Work
The Project Sustainable Development Goals Partnership (SDGP) Tractions (Transforming the Cocoa Sector in Indonesia through Value Addition for Smallholders) supported by the Netherlands RVO Facility has officially kicked started in August 2020. Following the completion of baseline and gender strategy, the team is in preparation to carry out a number of capacity building deemed necessary to
ensure equitable execution of the SDGP Tractions Project. The gender and youth inclusion strategy developed immediately after field assessment and baseline reporting aims at gender transformative and youth inclusion goals. The strategy was designed to transform the thinking, work, and structure of the teams from three provinces to rapidly improve mainstreaming efforts that empower women, men and young farmers equally. The gender consultant will work with the Tractions Team to implement the strategy, which involves capacity building in GALS, peer-to-peer support mentoring, providing analysis and advice on the progress and gaps, as well as supporting impact assessment of RA’s women empowerment and youth inclusion initiatives.
The Gender consultant will report to Cocoa Manager with a Dotted line to Manager, Markets and Partnerships; S/he will provide training and analytical support as well as technical support on the implementation of gender indicators under the Tractions Project. S/he will also contribute to the capacity building of RA certification members related to gender equality requirements as laid out in the standard. S/he will contribute in conversations and initiatives related to RA Indonesia inclusion strategy, in coordination with RA global Human Rights Lead. The specialist will coordinate with a number of sector program managers and certification team throughout her/his work, to ensure alignment with RA’s principles, priorities, and deliverables.
• Contribute to RA internal Gender equality assessment
• Contribute to RA -Indonesia gender strategic planning
• Contribute to gender inclusive capacity buildings
• Contribute to Development of RA general Gender Equality theory of change
• Collaborate with field teams to organize and implement activities narrowing toward gender indicators in the Tractions Project
• Provide training and guidance to the team on gender assessment methods
• Jointly carry out analysis and synthesis on gender related outputs and outcomes during the project’s reporting period.
• Coordinate with consortium partner and relevant stakeholders to support capacity building, monitoring as well as reporting tasks
1. RA _Indonesia gender equality strategy
2. RA_Indonesia gender assessment
3. SDGP Tractions Projects activity support and periodic reports
4. Contribution to trainings for Certification members, in coordination with certification team
5. Participation in program development and fundraising activities
1. At least 3 years of experience work in in Gender Equality/Inclusion initiatives
2. Familiarity with gender action learning for sustainability approaches and tools
3. Vast experience in sustainability works especially in agriculture, forestry sector, or livelihoods interventions
The consultancy is for maximum 48 days with the commencement date of 1 October 2022 to 31 January 2023.
Method of Application
Firms and individual applicants should send their CVs along with a short technical and daily rate to https://www.rainforest-alliance.org/rfp/?hh_jid=106777.
Please include the following information in your proposal:
1) Proposals should not exceed 5 pages, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, including budget. All annexes must be separate to the proposal.
2) All expressions of interest should include:
a) A cover letter.
b) Proposal: An explanation about the applicant with emphasis on the previous experience in related areas; understanding of the ToR and tasks to be accomplished, addressing how the candidate meets the expertise requirements.
c) Contact details (email and phone number of at least 3 recent references).
Deadline Application: no later than 5 pm, 30th September 2022.