Corporate Advisory Intern
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and impact driven intern, Corporate Advisory Services. The Corporate Advisory team supports companies to adopt best practices, definitions and tools for establishing and implementing commitments on responsible and deforestation free sourcing. We further support them to translate policy into practical, achievable actions that lead to positive social and environmental impacts within priority supply chains and report on their progress.
The Intern, Corporate Advisory Services will work closely with the Corporate Advisory lead and associate to provide programmatic support for the execution of our advisory services related to responsible sourcing of priority sectors like Forest Products, Palm Oil and other deforestation impact sectors. The individual will be directly involved in various aspects of project implementation including scheduling, data collection, data analysis, supplier engagement, visualization, authoring source assessment reports and other client support activities.
- Backstop Corporate Advisory Lead on technical project activities for clients, including NDPE policy writing, supply chain traceability and risk assessments, Accountability Framework assessments, data analysis and visualization (ie, Power BI), modelling of sustainable pathways, report writing, and client training;
- Supporting Corporate Advisory lead on developing surveys, engaging suppliers and analyzing supplier data for risk assessments
- Support Corporate Advisory team on capability building and prospection of new partnership opportunities for more impact.
- Liaise with other Rainforest Alliance departments to get insights and improve tailored services to companies;
- Consolidate, archive and update documentation on lessons and best practices generated through Corporate Advisory projects for wider Rainforest Alliance and stakeholder benefit.
- Support corporate advisory administrative and project implementation tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or supply chain management;
- Knowledge of key sustainability topics, as well as market and policy trends related sustainability;
- Bias for action, ability to work with data and under tight deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including preparing technical reports and presentations;
- Skills in Excel and proficiency with additional tools such as Power BI, Tableau. GIS skills a plus;
300 euros gross / month.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.