Consultancy On Data Quality For Certificate Holders In Brazil
Terms of Reference/Request for Proposals
CONSULTANCY ON DATA QUALITY FOR CERTIFICATE HOLDERS IN BRAZIL
Evaluation of Indicator data quality and other tools
Deadline for proposals: January 23rd 2023 Location: Brazil
1. ABOUT THE RAINFOREST ALLIANCE
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. The Sustainable Agriculture Standard, along with its assurance and technology systems, are designed to deliver more value to the two million farmers and thousands of businesses that use Rainforest Alliance certification to drive more sustainable agricultural production and responsible supply chains.
2. ABOUT THE [PROGRAM/PROJECT/ISSUE]
In July 2020 Rainforest Alliance has released its new Certification Program with a complete set of new documents to increase the sustainability of agriculture and livelihoods all over the world. The Rainforest Alliance 2020 Certification Program defines our long-term vision for the future, and the path required to get us there.
Our new Certification Program brings a series of innovations regarding its functioning and assurance, and one of these pillars is risk-based assurance and data-driven decision making. There are a series of tools developed by the Rainforest Alliance to support farm Certificate Holders in collecting data that will monitor their improvements over time with certification.
As part of the new data-driven approach, Rainforest Alliance is interested in understanding the challenges faced by Certificate Holders on data collection that could lead to poor data quality and how to address these issues.
3. PURPOSE OF THE RESEARCH
We have as main objectives of this study the following:
- Correct the data provided in the Indicator data Templates by Certificate Holders
- Identify the areas where Certificate Holders have most difficult in collecting data
- Identify challenges for data quality at Certificate Holder level
4. RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research aims to answer the following questions:
- What are the most difficult problems that Certificate Holders face in data collection?
- What are the main reasons for poor data quality derived from Certificate Holder data collection and reporting?
- What recommendations Rainforest Alliance could take into consideration when reviewing/designing data collection tools for farm certificate holders?
5. SCOPE OF THE RESEARCH
Evaluation of 18 Certificate Holders in the region of São Paulo and Minas Gerais on meetings that can be virtual/by phone call.
6. DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
The project can be delivered by a series of interviews with 18 Certificate Holders in the region of São Paulo and Minas Gerais. These interviews shall be by phone/video call.
The consultancy team will be responsible to contact the Certificate Holders using the contact details provided by Rainforest Alliance.
There are two main stages of this interview:
- Confirm and correct information sent over the Indicator Data Template on previous audit
- Understand the difficulties and challenges Certificate Holders face on collecting and sharing information on this and other tools.
There are four main deliverables that need to be done:
- Confirmed and corrected list of Indicator Data for all Certificate Holders
- Report with the records of each interview and communication. This should be done using the template provided by the Rainforest Alliance.
- Report with summary of questions answered during interview
- Final meeting with RA representatives to present the project and answer any potential questions.
MANAGEMENT AND QUALITY CONTROL
Weekly calls will be held with the Rainforest Alliance team to understand the progress of the project and potential challenges.
The project has a duration of 4 weeks and the final deliverable must be delivered no later than the first week of April 2023. In case by the end of the project, there are still corrections missing, an explanation shall be provided on the reasons for the missing corrections. E.g. the CH was uncooperative, and did not respond to communications.
10. BUDGET AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
For this specific project we have budget to cover the consultancy fees and travel costs together. Rainforest Alliance will not cover travel costs apart from what was agreed in contract.
The payment will be done at the end of the project, according to the deliverables presented.
11. QUALIFICATIONS OF THE RESEARCH TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree on Agriculture, Administration or related areas;
- Experience in interview with farmers, especially linked to documentation and data collection.
- Attention to details, analytical skills and organization.
- Communication in English is essential.
- Possibility to travel to the farm locations if necessary, for the interviews to be completed.
12. SUPPORT PROVIDED BY THE RAINFOREST ALLIANCE
Rainforest Alliance team will support the consultancy team with weekly calls and ad-hoc e- mails on questions regarding the process.
Also, Rainforest Alliance will provide the summary of questions to conduct the interview with the Certificate Holders.
13. APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Applicants are requested to submit their application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Data collection of Certificate Holders – Term of Reference until January 23rd, 2023. The following documentation should be attached:
- Updated CV(s) of the consultant;
- Economic proposal, which details hour/daily rates.