Market Development Officer
Rainforest Alliance India is looking for a motivated and result-oriented Market Development Officer to implement its project, Transforming Agricultural Systems and Strengthening Local Economies in high biodiversity areas of India through Sustainable Landscape Management and public-private finance. The consultant will be based in the head office of Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS), the State government organization, at Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
The consultant will be part of the RA team supporting the RySS value-chain and marketing team and will work closely with RySS landscape team to ensure the smooth delivery of project outcomes. The position reports to Rainforest Alliance’s staff, Senior Technical Officer, Andhra Pradesh, also based at RySS. The consultant will be the key interface between producers in Andhra Pradesh and the supply chains that carry their products to market, for fair share to farmers and their organizations in the value-chain.
- Develop/support developing local, short and long value-chains (pre-production to end consumers) across various natural farming produce and products including agriculture, horticulture, NTFP, integrated framing produce (such as livestock, poultry, dairy, fish, meat, etc.)
- Review national and State policies and market research pertaining to these value-chains, and develop plans to work with them
- Develop capacity-building plans for these value-chains
- Nurture and support community institutions, farmer producer organizations and farmer enterprises working in these value-chains
- Facilitate business plans for these institutions and enterprises and support in implementing them
- Plan and support improving efficiency and sustainability in these value chains
- Support generating possible partnerships, linkages and collaborations in these value chains across
- Take up all other tasks as assigned from time-to-time.
- MBA and / or Post Graduation in Sales & Marketing in Agriculture & allied subjects
- Knowledge of Food Product Marketing channel
- 10 years of experience in Trade / Food products, goods & services
- Working with development sector experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge of computer skills, especially MS office
- Ability to travel extensively
- Good ability in written and spoken English & Telugu and Speaking Hindi language
Proposal Process and Format
Interested applicants are invited to submit an electronic copy of CV, including with:
- A cover letter.
- Proposal: An explanation about the applicant with emphasis on the previous experience in related areas; understanding of the ToR and tasks to be accomplished, addressing how the candidate meets the expertise requirements.
- Profile of the applicant and curriculum vitae.
- Expected payment rate
- Contact details, including phone and mail id in CV
- At least three recent references
The contract is initially for one year and scope to extend for 3 years. For any inquiries related to this vacancy, kindly write to Mr. S. Rajan at the Rainforest Alliance using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: April 15, 2023, and Finalists will be notified of their selection by the 3 week of April 2023.
Only candidates authorized to work in India will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.