Forest, Environment Expert
Rainforest Alliance India is looking for a consultant with motivated and result-oriented through farming, environment, regeneration of CPR lands and forest to implement its project, Transforming Agricultural Systems and Strengthening Local Economies in high biodiversity areas of India through Sustainable Landscape Management and public-private finance. The consultant will closely work with Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS), the State government organization as well by coordinating with Rainforest Alliance at Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
The consultant will be an integral part of RA team supporting the RySS and work for farming, environment & CPR, Forest in Andhra Pradesh Community Led Micro-landscapes through regeneration of plants and animals, based in Guntur. The consultancy period is initially for one year and extend for 3 years. The consultant will be the key interface with RySS and Rainforest Alliance Team in Andhra Pradesh
Consultancy Objectives and Activities
- Provide technical support in farming, common lands, forests and Ecosystem services and incorporate the same into the micro / meso plans
- Support in improving the plans from technical basis
- Support in exploring linkages and convergence with relevant departments and technical support groups
- Develop manual, IEC for partners, farmers on forest and environment
- Capacity building in the above domains and project-related aspects to partners and communities
- Guide and monitor the partners and manage the project in the eastern ghats landscape
- Document the trip reports, blogs, case studies, video bytes
- Contribute to the half-yearly and annual report
- Any other activities as required by the project management team
- Support Sr. Technical Associate
General terms and conditions for Request for proposal
- Proposals and/or any additional information received after the submission time and date are subject to rejection by The Rainforest Alliance. Incomplete proposals may be rejected by RA at its discretion.
- The Rainforest Alliance reserves the right to request additional information at any time during the procurement process.
- RA is at liberty to make multiple or no selections as part of the proposal process. RA also reserves the right to cancel the procurement.
- All proposal costs shall be borne by the applicant and will not be reimbursed by RA.
The applicant should possess the academic qualification and experience necessary to successfully execute the assignment, with details as below:
- A post-graduation qualification in forestry, environmental science, agronomy, agriculture, natural resource management or similar. Preferable to IIFM candidates. / Master degree of technical project management in a subject related to landscape conservation, integrated natural resource management or community participatory work.
- Knowledge of Environment, Forest Management, Farm management and restoration the degraded of barren and CPR lands, etc.
- 5 years of hands-on experience on Natural Farming / Environment / Forest Management and livelihoods
- Experience of using PRA tools, Appreciative Inquiry tools, etc.
- Working with development sector experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge of computer skills especially MS office
- Ability to travel extensively
- Good ability in written and spoken English, Telugu
- Preference will be given to Female candidates
Proposal Process and Format
Interested applicants are invited to submit an electronic copy of CV, including with:
o A cover letter.
o Proposal: An explanation about the applicant with emphasis on the previous experience in related areas; understanding of the ToR and tasks to be accomplished, addressing how the candidate meets the expertise requirements.
o Profile of the applicant and curriculum vitae.
o Expected payment rate
o Contact details including phone and mail id in CV
o At least three recent references
The contract is initially for one year and scope to extend for 3 years. For any inquiries related to this vacancy, please write to Mr.S. Rajan at the Rainforest Alliance using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: 15 April 2023 and Finalists will be notified of their selection by the 3 week of April 2023.
Only candidates authorized to work in India will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.