Corporate advisory Intern
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and impact driven intern, Corporate Advisory Services. The Corporate Advisory team supports companies to adopt best practices, definitions and tools for establishing and implementing commitments on responsible & deforestation free sourcing. We further support them to translate policy into practical, achievable actions that lead to positive social and environmental impacts within priority supply chains.
The Intern, Corporate Advisory Services will work closely with the Corporate Advisory lead and associate to provide programmatic support for the execution of our advisory services related to responsible sourcing of priority sectors like Forest Products, Palm Oil and other deforestation impact sectors. The individual will be directly involved in various aspects of project implementation including scheduling, preparation of cost proposals, data analysis and visualization, authoring source assessment reports and other client support activities.
- Support Corporate Advisory Lead on technical project activities for clients, including NDPE policy writing, data analysis and visualization (ie, Power BI), modelling of sustainable pathways, report writing, and client training;
- Support Corporate Advisory team on capability building and prospection of new partnership opportunities for more impact.
- Liaise with other Rainforest Alliance departments to get insights and improve tailored services to companies;
- Coordinate closely with external partners accountable for delivery of Corporate Advisory project activities and tasks;
- Consolidate, archive and update documentation on lessons and best practices generated through Corporate Advisory projects for wider Rainforest Alliance and stakeholder benefit.
- Support corporate advisory administrative and project implementation tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or supply chain management;
- Knowledge of key sustainability topics, as well as market and policy trends related sustainability;
- Bias for action, ability to work with data and under tight deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including preparing technical reports and presentations;
- Advanced skills in Excel and proficiency with additional tools such as Power BI, Tableau. GIS skills a plus;
The internship is based upon 40 hours/week and for active students finishing their degree only for a period of 6 months, can also be 9 to 12 months. The position will be based in Amsterdam and is open to applicants of all nationalities. However, we can only consider candidates who have, will get or are eligible for a Dutch work and residency permit.
Timeline: The last date for applications is March 31st. Start date as soon as possible.
For questions or clarifications, please reach out to Recruitment@ra.org