Regenerative Agriculture Project, Consultant
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Rainforest Alliance India Foundation is recruiting a Consultant for Restoration of barren lands in Kadiri, Satya Sai District of Andhra Pradesh. The post holder will organize and oversee the work of partner and facilitate to deliver project outputs and maintain close relationships with the relevant government Departments as well as private stakeholders. The position will be based in Kadiri (and / or) Pulivendalah district. The position reports to Programme Manager and coordinate with state coordinator / Sr. Technical Associate and works in coordination with the other team members including Monitoring and Evaluation & Learning to ensure the smooth delivery of project outcomes.
- Organize and support technically sound project delivery in the project regreening of barren lands, in accordance with the work plan and aligned with guidance from the Programme Manager
- Ensure coordination among all the stakeholders, including donor, partners, and other relevant stakeholders. Works as first point-of-contact for the project.
- Coordinate with Centre for Sustainable Agriculture (CSA) on the implementation, evaluation and selection of the project’s activities, bringing to the table relevant land use data sets and maps.
- Support the Programme Manager in finalizing the annual work plans and in discussion with the partners and serve as the key interface with them for the project.
- Provide them with technical support and monitor their delivery of their responsibilities.
- Identify consultants for tasks specified in the project work plan, coordinate with the Programme Manager, and supervise the assignment, ensuring timely and complete reporting of the project activities.
- Facilitate to organize workshops / trainings at district level.
- A post-graduation qualification in agronomy, agriculture, environmental sciences, natural resource management or similar.
- Five years’ experience of technical project management in a subject related to integrated natural resource management or participatory community work.
- Experience of leading a team and managing projects in rural environments.
- Very good inter-personal skills, including the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels, facilitate meetings, and keep stakeholders informed.
- Proficiency in using computer software applications, especially MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to travel extensively to project landscapes; and
- Excellent ability in written and spoken English and Telugu.
Proposal Process and Format:
Prospective candidates should send the following documents to: https://rainforest-alliance-consultants.hirehive.com/job/115632/regenerative-agriculture-project-consultant-kadiri-andor-pulivendalah-district
List of requirements:
• Current CV
• List of previous engagements that address the above experience desired
• Your expected fee for service
Application Deadlines: February 28th 2023.
Thank you for your interest in working with The Rainforest Alliance