Associated Trainers (ATNs), India
About the Rainforest Alliance
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization working at the intersection of business, agriculture, and forests to make responsible business the new normal. We are building an alliance to protect forests, improve the livelihoods of farmers and forest communities, promote their human rights, and help them mitigate and adapt to the climate crisis. We envision a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
We work towards making responsible business the new normal through our certification program, tailored supply chain services, landscape and community work and advocacy.
For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
As part of a network, the Associated Trainer will support Rainforest Alliance to achieve the impact of learning interventions, especially by facilitating training for Rainforest Alliance targeted groups/participants. This network of local trainers is expected to support Certificate Holders and farmer's communities in the implementation of the Rainforest Alliance certification program. These trainers distinguish themselves from others because of their knowledge of good agricultural practices, training and coaching experience, and drive to motivate Certificate Holders and farmers to manage their farms profitable and sustainable.
Each Associated Trainer (hereinafter “trainer”) needs to perform his/her training services in accordance with the following requirements:
- Plan and share with RA her/his training programs for certificate holders.
- Implement and facilitate training for RA certificate holders and/or forest communities under the RA program.
- Work transparently and professionally to contribute to an improved implementation of the RA program(s);
- Regularly inform RA about the certificate holders (cooperatives, producer groups, plantations) s/he assists in the implementation of the RA program(s) in her/his private business;
- Attend the meetings with the other associated trainers to reflect on the impact achieved at the member level with her/his training activities, to exchange current training issues and challenges, and work together in finding solutions;
- Monitor and evaluate his/her training program and share the result with RA.
- Share RA’s vision and commitment regarding the quality of RA’s program(s) implementation.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in one or more issues critical to agricultural training under the Rainforest Alliance Standard (i.e., deforestation, labor rights, agrochemicals management, etc.);
- At least three years of direct experience designing and implementing training programs with farming and forestry communities in the country.
- Network and knowledge of key producers and company partners in at least one strategic sector (coffee, tea, fruits, spices & herbs, forest products, etc.);
- Excellent organizing and communication skills with strong intercultural sensitivity.
- Computer literacy is required, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and others, and
- Fluency in Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, or any of these verbal and written languages is preferred. English, written & verbal knowledge would be required.
General Terms and Conditions for Request for Proposal
- Proposals and/or any additional information received after the submission time and date are subject to rejection by The Rainforest Alliance. RA may reject incomplete proposals at its discretion.
- The Rainforest Alliance reserves the right to request additional information at any time during the procurement process.
- RA is at liberty to make multiple or no selections as part of the proposal process. RA also reserves the right to cancel the procurement.
- All proposal costs shall be borne by the applicant and will not be reimbursed by RA.
Proposal Process and Format
Interested applicants are invited to submit their electronic copy of the application to this link: https://rainforest-alliance-consultants.hirehive.com/job/118036/associated-trainers-atns-india-karnataka. The initial contract is for one year with a possible extension. For any inquiries, write to Mr. Neelkant Phandareusing the following email address: email@example.com, by 05 May 2023.
Your proposal should contain the following:
- A cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae, which is complete with the profile of the applicant, and contact details, including phone and mail id
- List of previous experience, including links to previous similar work. An explanation about the applicant with emphasis on the previous experience in related areas, understanding of the ToR, and tasks to be accomplished, addressing how the candidate meets the expertise requirements.
- Expected payment rate
- Provide at least three recent references.
Finalists will be notified of their selection by the 4th week of May 2023.