Development of the Global DEI Framework
- Department: Executive Office
- Commitment: 3 months contract with option to renew
- Desired start date: July 1st, 2021
- End date: Board approval of proposed framework September 2021
- Under direction of: Margriet Glazenborg, Chief People Officer and Ana Hernandez, Senior Manager Human Resources, Latin America
About the Rainforest Alliance
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Since our founding in 1987, and a recent merger in 2018 with UTZ, we have engaged globally in reflecting the communities we work with, prioritizing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion internally. Working together is at the heart of our alliance. We want to create a workplace where staff can bring their full selves and rely on our cultural differences to create more impact in what we do. We embrace different perspectives and know that we are more impactful when we include different perspectives and realities while partnering with each other, with farmers and forest communities, and other organizations.
We want to create strong internal and external practices by adopting the measures, being accountable and setting targets for continuous improvement.
To maximize our impact, we are looking to hire a contractor with global expertise in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion space and proven experience developing a global DEI strategy for international organizations. A strategy consultant who can build a global framework that will guide our efforts.
Developing a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion global framework enabling RA to integrate the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout all aspects of our organization.
Contractor Services at a minimum, must include:
Global DEI framework which will include RA’s ambition statement, objectives and KPIs, definitions, shared language, multi-year strategy.
- Develop a summary of current state based on existing relevant documents including global surveys, Great Place to Work global results, Diversity and Inclusion analysis in the US, interviews across different parts of RA wide.
- Conduct an analysis based on interviews with CEO, Leadership Team and staff (i.e. senior leadership, Human Resources, staff representatives) to get a sense of strengths, challenges and opportunities and create a priority list with KPI´s.
- Compare to external benchmarks
- Draft of the proposed framework which will include the following: RA’s ambition statement, objectives and KPIs, definitions, shared language, multi-year strategy with global focus which can be adapted by RA locally, with both an internal as well as an external approach (e.g. how we work with partners, subcontractors etc).
- Conduct a presentation feedback to test the proposal: present to LT and staff from different levels and countries.
- Finalizing for presentation to the RA Board of Directors, including next steps
General terms and conditions for Request for proposal
- Proposals and/or any additional information received after the submission time and date are subject to rejection by the Rainforest Alliance. Incomplete proposals may be rejected by RA at its discretion.
- The Rainforest Alliance reserves the right to request additional information at any time during the procurement process.
- RA is at liberty to make multiple or no selections as part of the proposal process. RA also reserves the right to cancel the procurement.
- All proposal costs shall be borne by the applicant and will not be reimbursed by RA.
Rainforest Alliance will consider the following when selecting this contractor:
- The contractor should have profound experience developing DEI strategies in a global context;
- Availability of the contractor to work on the project starting July 1st and to deliver the proposal no later than September 15th, 2021;
- Have team members that speak fluent English, Spanish, French and Bahasa;
- Ability to work digitally and availability to work across different time zones;
- Be able to provide three referrals of companies they have worked with in the past three years on extensive programs in DEI;
- Competitive cost proposals.
Proposal Process and Format
- Proposals must be sent via Hire Hive by June 21st, 2021 11 PM EDT. Finalists will be notified by June 18th, 2021. Selection will be made no later than June 30th , 2021. Incomplete proposals may be rejected by RA at its discretion. RA is at liberty to make multiple or no selections as part of the proposal process.
- Proposals shall be submitted in PDF format including any including the following:
- Overview of consultant and/or the evaluation team and their CVs
- Start date availability
- A work plan/ technical proposal/ methodology/ timeline for deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in managing global DEI programs in the past.
- A cost proposal for the project until end of September (presentation to the Board).
- Referrals contacts of at least three organizations for which similar programs were created or developed.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Rainforest Alliance