Natural Resource Management Consultant, India
· Department: Region Asia Pacific
· Location(s): RYSS Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
· Commitment: As required to fulfil scope of work
· Desired start date and duration: ASAP, duration estimated at 12 months
· Under direction of: Senior Technical Associate-AP
About the Rainforest Alliance
Rainforest Alliance, a New York-based 501(c)3, and UTZ, an Amsterdam-based foundation, merged in 2018. Together, the new Rainforest Alliance is now a $70 million per year organization with offices in 17 countries (and growing) and over 5000 staff. The merged organization has two main offices—one in Amsterdam and one in New York City.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities.
We work towards making responsible business the new normal through our certification program, tailored supply chain services, landscape and community work and advocacy.
Rainforest Alliance India is looking for a consultant with motivated and result-oriented through natural resource management to implement its project, Transforming Agricultural Systems and Strengthening Local Economies in high biodiversity areas of India through Sustainable Landscape Management and public-private finance. The consultant will closely work with Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS), the State government organization as well by coordinating with Rainforest Alliance at Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
The consultant will be integral part of the RySS through NRM for Andhra Pradesh Community Led Micro-landscapes. The consultancy period is for 120 working days per year. The consultant will be the key interface with RySS and Rainforest Alliance Team in Andhra Pradesh
Consultancy Objectives and Activities
- Provide technical support for improving and managing land, water and other natural resources and incorporate the same into the micro / meso plans
- Support in improving the plans from technical basis
- Support in exploring linkages and convergence with relevant departments and technical support groups
- Capacity building in the above domains for partners and communities
- Any other activities as required by the project management team
General terms and conditions for Request for proposal
- Proposals and/or any additional information received after the submission time and date are subject to rejection by The Rainforest Alliance. Incomplete proposals may be rejected by RA at its discretion.
- The Rainforest Alliance reserves the right to request additional information at any time during the procurement process.
- RA is at liberty to make multiple or no selections as part of the proposal process. RA also reserves the right to cancel the procurement.
- All proposal costs shall be borne by the applicant and will not be reimbursed by RA.
The applicant should possess the academic qualification and experience necessary to successfully execute the assignment, with details as below:
· M. Tech. (Civil, Water etc.) / M.Sc. (Agriculture) or else B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Agriculture) with MBA
· Knowledge of Natural Resource Management, Watersheds, etc.
· 10 years of experience on Watershed Management and livelihoods
· Experience of using PRA tools, Appreciative Inquiry tools etc.
· Working with development sector experience will be an advantage
· Knowledge of computer skills especially MS office
· Ability to travel extensively
· Good ability in written and spoken English, Telugu
Proposal Process and Format
· Interested applicants are invited to submit an electronic copy of the proposal for 120 days in per year. For any enquiry write to Vinuthna Patibandla at the Rainforest Alliance using the following email address: email@example.com by 30 June 2022
· Proposals should not exceed 5 pages, font size 12, line spacing 1.5, including budget. All annexes must be separate to the proposal.
· All expressions of interest should include:
o A cover letter.
o Proposal: An explanation about the applicant with emphasis on the previous experience in related areas; understanding of the ToR and tasks to be accomplished, addressing how the candidate meets the expertise requirements.
o Profile of the applicant and curriculum vitae.
o Expected Renumeration per day
o Contact details (email and phone number of at least 3 recent references)
Finalists will be notified of their selection by the 1st week of July 2022.